There are several reasons why I want to do this. First and foremost, I'm tired of being a fat Mom who's fighting a lack of energy. I want to see my kids go off to school, graduate from college, get married and give me some grandbabies. I don't want my weight to be a reason why I never made it that far in life. My second reason for doing this is Drew. He never says anything to me about the fact that I am now the size of Mt. Rainier, but it's gotta be something that he thinks about and is just too polite to say. I mean c'mon, I was like 1/8th of the size I am now when he and I met. Fluctuating a bit in the weight department isn't uncommon, but gaining so much that you could now fit 3 people in the same skin...well, that's a little ridiculous. My third reason for doing this is for me. I know, I know...I should put myself first...blah, blah, blah. Well, that's not gonna happen. All 3 reasons are important and although I put my kids and husband first on the list, indirectly those are for "me" too. I want my kids to be proud of ME...and my husband to be proud of ME...so really all of the reasons are for me......they just have my family associated to them too.
Frankly, I'm not sure how well or how bad I will do this time around. I truly hope that I am ready to make a change and that if I do fall off the horse, I will get right back on without giving up. Past history goes something like this...
- SUPERmotivated
- Start a program
- Do AWESOME on program for several weeks, sometimes even a month or longer
- Run into a really rough day...could be time for Aunt Flo, could be stress at work, could be one of you just done pissed me off
- Eat like crap for that day because eating crap makes me feel better
- Guilt overcomes me and then I'm mad
- Attempt to get back on the program the next day
- Still thinking about how mad I am for "ruining everything"
- Eat some crap
- Give up
We can all say, "You can't let one bad day affect your goal so drastically", but that's so much easier said than done. There are a lot of mental "issues" that go along with overeating, or eating crap, or any one of the many bad eating habits. It's not just about self control and making good decisions. So, all I know is that I'm going to try and I'll just see where it takes me. My weigh-in day each week is Tuesday night. If I didn't have to lose 2 humans worth of weight, I would put my "grand total" up on the blog and do a countdown of sorts...but that's beyond embarrassing. I'll still share how much I lose each week and let you know how I'm doing, but the specifics are a little overwhelming for me to share right now. I do have several friends who are also doing WW so I plan to post tips and recipes that I "discover" as well...in the hopes that they might benefit someone else too! Let's hope I become........THE BIGGEST LOOZER!!!
4 comments:
You've got it this time! We are all rooting for ya!
You can do it! Combine exercise with the diet, and its a winning combo but you have to stick to the diet, that is the key. The first two weeks are also the hardest, you have to fight hard to get through that phase but after that it is really much easier! I've lost about 10 pounds and one clothing size over the past 5 weeks in my bootcamp that I enrolled in and I do have much more energy and just feel better about myself, good luck!!
GO ANDREA!! You can do it!
We love you and support you--we just wish you weren't so hard on your wonderful self....
Post a Comment