Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Saturday, October 3, 2009

The 1st Few Days

The last few days have not been quite as hard as I initially imagined they would be. I thought cutting out all of the junk food and comfort food that I've become accustomed to would push me over the edge. Thankfully, it's been o.k. I've had my moments of stress or irritability that made me want to reach for a candy bar, but I survived and got through them without succumbing to temptation. I've received lots of low point food suggestions from friends and here are some of my favorites:
  • Fat free Jell-O pudding cups are 2 points, however if you get the sugar free pudding cups they are only 1 point.
  • Fiber One bars can be as low as 2 points, if you get the ones with oats in them...such as the Oats & Chocolate, which tastes like an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie!
  • There is a fantastic chili recipe that is chock full of yummy stuff and is only 1 point for a cup and a half! Here it is, if you're interested... 1 lb lean ground beef or turkey, 1 lg chopped onion, 1 bag coleslaw mix, 2 cans Rotel tomatoes, 4 cans diced tomatoes, 1 can Great Northern beans, 1 can black beans, 1 can pinto beans, 1 can kidney beans, 1 8oz can tomato sauce IT'S DELICIOUS and FILLING!
  • If you have a hard time going completely fat free on your salad dressings, try the Kraft Asiago & Parmesan Balsamic Vinaigrette Light. It's only 1 pt per serving.
  • Progresso makes a whole line of light soups that are 0 or 1 WW points per serving. The southwestern vegetable soup is quite tasty!

I'm sure I will have lots more food tips in the future, but these are the ones my brain is focusing on at 10pm on a Saturday night. I hope to have enough to write my own book by the end of this mission!

No comments: