Last night Drew stayed home with the kids while I went to my WW meeting. We thought about letting them fend for themselves, but...you know...all that stuff about being dangerous and illegal. Anyway, when I got back around 7pm, I found Drew, Lili and Will sitting on the couch together watching Barney. As soon as I walked in the room, Lili did a little freakout in her seat...then proceeded to push Drew's arm and yell, "YOU GET OUT!". Lili loves her Daddy, but from 6:30pm until bedtime each night, it's all about Mommy. We have a routine and that routine currently involves Lili and Mommy sitting on one couch together watching Barney and reading books...while Will and Daddy are banished to the other couch. Although we understand that Lili is very particular about certain things, it was still hilarious to hear her say that. It was like...MOVE OUT DA WAY DADDY! MAMA'S HERE! I'm pretty sure that's exactly how she would have said it if her vocabulary were a little more advanced.
I am a mother of two toddlers (16 months apart), who are slowly but surely sucking the life out of me. My memory is shot to hell, but the one thing I DO remember each and every day is how grateful I am to get to be their Mom and how empty my life would be without them!
No comments:
Post a Comment