Yesterday was the anniversary of the day they admitted me to the hospital last year when I went into preterm labor with Will. It also happens to be the anniversary of when I started this blog...well, technically that came a few days later, but that's beside the point. I can't believe it's already been a year! As soon as October hit, I had such a strange, overwhelming, feeling...I can't even really describe what it felt like. I don't know if this time of year will just be more sentimental now as it reminds us of everything we went through, but what I do know is I'm definitely feeling something. At times I think it's sadness...realizing how quickly time has passed and how fast the kids have grown. Other times I think it's just the memory of what I was feeling back then...Will and I did a lot of bonding that month and to a certain extent, the hospital was a comfort to me. I remember feeling relieved when they readmitted me after sending me home when they "thought" things were under control again. I just knew something wasn't right and it felt better to be in a hospital surrounded by people who understood what was going on, than to be at home where I felt helpless and vulnerable and completely out of control. I missed Drew and Lili like hell, but Will obviously needed more time and he wasn't going to get that with me being anywhere else. This past weekend I wanted to take the kids to the apple orchard/pumpkin patch, but Drew refused. He said it was too weird. We had gone to the same orchards on Sunday, October 5th, 2008 and on Monday the 6th I was admitted to Abbott. I tried to reassure him that I wasn't pregnant, but that didn't seem to be enough. HA! So, instead we will try to go this upcoming weekend. I guess it's probably good to spice things up anyway! I am so excited for Little Man to experience fall in MN and for Lili to start learning about all of the fun things that come with this time of year too!
No comments:
Post a Comment