Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Disney LIVE!

I decided to be daring and took Lili to see the Disney LIVE! Rockin' Road Show at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul this afternoon. We went with our friend Heather and her little girl, Koralyn. With Lili being just a little over 2 and Koralyn at 4 1/2, we saw two entirely different perspectives. Koralyn stared at the stage the whole time and loved every character and every scene. Lili, on the other hand, was very selective. Only certain characters could keep her attention and in-between, she would insist that she had to go potty. Mental Note: Never take a toddler in the midst of potty training to an event in which she will enjoy the bathrooms, more than the actual show. The frustrating part is that I KNEW she didn't really need to go because she JUST WENT! Try telling that to a 2 year old. 2nd Mental Note: Never get FLOOR seats to an event like this when potty training a toddler because you have that many more steps to walk up every time they need to go. Overall though, we still had a fun time and I know that despite Lili's moments of temporary insanity, she would go back in a heartbeat. My only complaint about the trip pertains to how they SUCK you into their incredibly expensive treats and souvenirs and leave you standing at the front door without a penny to your name when it's over. Seriously...$10 for POPCORN?!?!?! What is this world coming to? First the $20 pumpkin...now $10 popcorn?!? Give me a break! Yeah...I still bought it for her.......along with some $8 cotton candy to rot her teeth!

Of course it wouldn't be a Disney show without a cute Mickey & Minnie picture taking station.
Our CHEESE shot!
Koralyn looking a little serious...
At least Lili LOVED her $10 popcorn bucket. If she let it out of her sight for even a minute, she was looking for it again within seconds.
Sweaty Mom with a cute kid who wouldn't look at the camera.
Heather & Koralyn...at least THEY smiled!
Lili wouldn't wear the Minnie ears I bought her, so I talked Koralyn into wearing them. She did look pretty cute!
At various times throughout the program, they would ask the kids to jump or bounce. Here is Lili jumping around... It was so cute to see her and Koralyn hopping really fast to the music!
10...9...8...7... Countdown to wipe out...
Cinderella...one of the few characters Lili gave some of her time and attention to.
Lili's favorite part was the bus with the original Disney characters in it. She kept trying to escape and was yelling, "I wanna drive bus! I wanna drive bus!"
At least I know that if Lili won't wear something...Will will...

1 comment:

Katie said...

hehe...love Will's minnie ears!

and I really really want some of that popcorn.....