Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Snotrocketing The Teacher...And Other "Exciting" Stuff!

Miss. Lili officially snotrocketed one of her teachers the other day. Apparently they were outside and she let loose. I can just picture her with snot running down into her mouth and that evil little laugh errupting....... Luckily Miss. Dixie ("Dickey"...Lili still has a hard time with x's), a nice, sweet and very understanding mother of two herself, was the target. I'm also pretty happy that Lili picked up this new "skill" just a few days before parent/teacher "conferences". I don't think they even had time to include this new, inappropriate behavior on her progress sheet and therefore Lili came across as a perfect angel! I'll be looking forward to the snotrocket scolding with our next discussion.

Tomorrow is the "big day"........Drew's nut cutting. This morning he seemed a little nervous about it, which is understandable. Sure, everyone says it's an easy procedure to go through...which I'm sure it will be...however there is always the anxiety that accompanies thoughts of getting your "package" worked on by some other dude. Anything can happen...though I won't say that to Drew. The only thing that comes out of my mouth to him is, "Dude! It's gonna be a piece of cake! Snip, snip, you're done. Then you get to go home and hang out on the couch for 2 days with frozen peas to ease your pain!" Inside though...I'm thinking OWIE!!!!!! He'll be fine. We can't take our chances with the way my pregnancies seem to happen, so it's for the best. Besides, we'll be able to experience all of this fun again in a few years when we adopt "the toddler".

3 comments:

Katie said...

at least she was outside...? haha...

Good luck to Drew, hope it goes smoothly!!

Michelle said...

Good luck to Drew! I'm sure he'll be teaching Lili new tricks in no time!

Jenny and Jon said...

oh geez, poor Drew! I know it seems like our life is crazy, beach, pool, etc. but we have a running joke going here, we really only get to fully ENJOY all that life in Florida has to offer when guest come. That's really teh only time we go to the beach (even though it is less than 10 minutes from our house), you still have to work, grocery shop, laundry, clean your house, etc. even when you live in a vaca destination! April was crazy with three sets of visitors but we love it.