




Lili has been doing some pretty disgusting things lately and it's SO hard not to laugh! It started with teaching her "my version" (squash, lick, puke up) of the Bumblebee song, which she LOVES and can do the hand motions for. Then Drew decided to teach her some new animal sounds. If you ask Lili what a sheep says, out comes a machine gun-like response...if you ask her what a camel says........she spits. Yes, she spits. Apparently in Camel 101 class, camels spit and if you see a camel in any one of our animal books, you call it "Mama". How did we get to this point? O.k...here's where the story gets disgusting...so beware (Dad!)... Last week I had the stomach flu. I wasn't vomiting, however I had issues with "the other end". Every 15-30 minutes, I was saying hello to my friend the toilet. Well, let's just say...my visits to the porcelain God were shockingly "loud"..........and if Lili happened to be in the bathroom with me, she would get this surprised look on her face and say "Whoa!" (another Drew teaching). One day I was in the bathroom and Drew was in the living room reading Lili a book about Zoo animals. I heard Lili say "Whoa!" in response to what was occurring in the bathroom and then I hear Drew tell her that that's the sound a camel makes. He proceeded to imitate the "noises" I was making, which encouraged Lili to imitate him and left them both laughing hysterically. So while most 21 month olds make dog and cat noises, my 21 month old spits like a camel named "Mama". To top it off...Lili now blows snotrockets. Drew swears that he never showed her how to do that, but I'm not sure I believe him. She will stand there, right in front of you and just BLOW! Snot comes flying out of her nose and then she does it again...and again...and again! Imagine blowing your nose into a tissue...but without the tissue. She thinks it's the greatest thing ever...meanwhile, Mama the camel just wants to vomit! At least she's not closing 1 nostril and blowing out the other like a true snotrocket champ...
Here are some pics from this weekend. Will is now rolling over, chewing on his hands nonstop, grabbing his feet and cooing like crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment