Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Saturday, April 4, 2009

TV-Aholic



It has taken me 21 long months to get Lili to watch some TV and the one show she absolutely LOVES is Barney. Yes, that purple dinosaur that every parent on the planet wants to kill. As I've said before though, I really don't find him all that annoying and I still think he's more educational that 75% of what's out there for kids these days. Anyway, it seems as if we WON'T be having the same issue with Little Man... If a TV is anywhere NEAR him, his eyes are GLUED to it and he doesn't move. He will sit there and stare at the TV, as if in a trance, until you physically move him. I'll call his name...wave my hand in front of his face...he still wants nothing to do with me. If the kid is screaming his head off, turn the TV up real loud to get his attention and stick him in the Bumbo right in front of it. The crying immediately subsides and Bobblehead Boy is suddenly content. Here are a couple of pics of Will with his Daddy this afternoon...once again, watching TV. I'm pretty sure they were watching "Final Destination 2"...which later made me wonder if we were already damaging him by allowing him to watch such rubbish...

3 comments:

Jenny and Jon said...

Will is like an exact mini me of Drew, so funny!!

Katie said...

holy moly, he looks JUST like Drew here!!

Mara isn't really interested in TV, but always stops whatever she's doing to watch if the Family Man theme song comes on - she'll watch it and giggle, and then go back to playing!

ErinL said...

Must be a boy thing. That's how I finally got Carter to consistently poop in the toilet, I took TV away. The boys will do ANYTHING for TV.