Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Monday, April 20, 2009

Little Sh**






I've been trying to think of some words to describe Lili and her recent behavior and the only thing that seems fitting is...Little Shit. I'm discovering that I am fairly inadequate, as a Mom, to handle irrational toddler behavior and most of the time just stare at her like she's an alien from another planet..........and she just might be! One moment she's happy...playing...smiling...laughing...then BAM! "Something" sets her off. She whips the binky out of her mouth and throws it on the floor...screams 1 time at the top of her lungs...scowls...and begins looking for other items to throw. If there is a table nearby, she will try to do the "clean sweep", as I call it, and push everything to the floor. There are times when I know exactly why she's throwing the fit, but other times I am completely clueless. What?!?!?!? You don't like the color of Mama Weebles hair? You want to watch Barney Goes To The Zoo rather than Barney's Adventure Bus? You don't want to wear your socks anymore? WHAT?!?!?!? I try to ignore the tantrums as much as I can because I don't want her to think she's going to get extra attention that way, but Good Lord!

Then we have the "bad" little things that she does on purpose for attention or to make Mama mad or whatever. Like belly flopping on Will. Lili is still 110% a safety hazard when it comes to the baby. She'll love on him and then WHAM...she smacks him in the nuts or pushes on his stomach with all her might...and she is so FAST!!! It's hard because I don't want to discourage her from playing with him or helping, but the poor kid can only take so much of Lili's wrath! Lili has also started taking large, heavy objects and banging them on the wood coffee table, end tables.......and sometimes even the TV. You take it away, she finds something else. You give her a timeout, she laughs. She is the DEVIL!!!! I know she's still young (21 months), but we need to start being consistent and getting a grip on some techniques to use to deal with her......I'm just not sure what those are yet.......I think I need Supernanny!

Other news in the Lane household........... Will slept through the night on Saturday night!!!! What a huge surprise! Of course, he didn't do it again for Drew last night, but I'm certain there will be more nights like that to come. At least he showed that he COULD do it! He's also started rolling over and LOVES to stand...he thinks it's the most hilarious thing and has such an adorable laugh!

Aside from Lili's toddler behavior, she's still adorable and talking up a storm! It's so cute because she loves to sing "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "Bringing Home My Baby Bumblebee". She sings a little, but mainly does the hand motions while I sing with my melodious voice. I've also been teaching her to do "Head Shoulders Knees and Toes" and then I go through and make her show me where all of her body parts are. I stay away from the chest area, but thanks to Drew, she will point to her own chest and say "Boobie!".

3 comments:

ErinL said...

Warning, it stays for awhile. We went to Red Robin and Carter asked for some chocolate cake and the server informed him they don't sell chocolate cake and he broke down into a sobbing, blubbering mess. Like a light switch. He's 4!

so she sold him on the mud pie, which was, like, bigger than his head and he dug through it as it melted looking for "dinosaur bones"

DixieLee said...

They are like bi-bolar little buggers. Plus, some of what she is doing is coppied behaviors from her wonderful friends at school. At least the screaming part is for sure! (and this time it wasn't Lindsey doing the screaming) nor was it a reaction of Lili doing something to the other child. There are just a couple kids that let out shrill screams often and get the other kids to do it too.

DixieLee said...

I meant to say bi-polar.