With all of the planning I was doing in my head, you would think our Easter would have been organized and smoothly implemented. Nope. Not a chance. With all of my "brilliant" ideas, the one thing I didn't think about was doing my shopping in advance. Instead, I used my lunch break yesterday, two days before Easter, to make my Target run. Dumb, dumb, dumb. First of all, the Easter aisles were swarming with Moms getting last minute basket and egg stuffers. I then found that all of the "critical" items I had planned to get were sold out. What store sells out of EGG DYING KITS? Are you kidding me? Isn't that the item that always ends up in the clearance bins for a quarter? Whatever. It's not like the egg dying kit or some of the other items that I couldn't find were THAT big of a deal, but I have a tendency to get the Target-Crazies when I'm forced to come up with an alternative on a moments notice. What happens is that I look for the item on my list, find out they don't have it then wander aimlessly around Super Target in search of Plan B. When I finally make my way to the registers, I have at least 10 items in my cart that shouldn't be there.
Anyway, this year, rather than buying Lili an actual Easter basket, I was going to get a large plastic bucket & shovel from the toy section and put everything in that. I figured she could use it to play in the sandbox this summer, so it would serve multiple purposes. Of course every other parent in the world had the same idea, so Target put them on sale this week and there wasn't a single bucket ANYWHERE in the store. Next best thing? A plastic wagon. It's made of the same materials and in the same aisle as the buckets. It's much bigger than I had envisioned, but she can play with it outside and cart random things around the yard. Sure, it's cute, but my $5 "basket" turned into a $15 "basket". Add in all of the crippety-crap you buy to fill it and you walk out of there wondering where all of the money went! I did try to get her a few "useful" things though...like a couple of new Dora sippy cups and some bath toys (to replace the nasty ones). Plus, the wagon is large enough to hold the presents that the Grandparents sent as well!
As for the egg hunt, I was lucky enough to find some pretty cute things in the $1 bins for little girls. Hello Kitty socks, nail stickers, Play-Doh, Disney Princess hair rubberbands, Disney Princess stickers that you can color yourself and those capsules that you put in water and they turn into sponges (I got BUGS!). I picked up some fruit snacks, Peeps, M&Ms mixed w/Cheerios and Starburst Jellybeans to also fill some of the eggs.
All of this sounds great, right? Yeah, well I still haven't filled the eggs for the egg hunt...Lili's Easter "basket" wagon is sitting here empty...our egg dying activity was pushed to tomorrow morning because Drew wanted to help and he went fishing this afternoon... I'm pretty sure tomorrow is going to be crazy. I probably should be doing those things right now, rather than posting, but I'm kind of pooped and thinking of going to bed! I really suck at playing the Easter Bunny!
Royal Mickey & Minnie Birthday Party
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment