1. Egg decorating on Saturday
2. Find-Your-Easter-Basket on Sunday morning
3. Egg hunt Sunday afternoon with our friends two nieces who are 6 and 8 (I think?)
My big dilemma right now is...what do I fill the eggs with to satisfy the desires of an almost 2 year old, a 6 year old and an 8 year old...and at the same time, not create choking hazards, etc.? I did some Google searching and here are some ideas that I thought would be fun.
- Stickers
- Band-Aids (In all those fun characters!)
- Hair barrettes/bows/clips/etc. (Since we have 3 girls, we can get away with this!)
- $1 Bills (We could do coins too...though I would have to majorly supervise Lili's egg opening...which I will probably do anyway! Maybe silver dollars...)
- Scratch off Easter lottery tickets
- Trail Mix (In mini Ziploc baggies, using stuff like Cheerios, mini M&Ms and Lucky Charms!)
- Bite-size Milky Ways, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, etc. Softer chocolates!
- Rub-On Tattoos
- Whistles
- Small Notepads
- Socks
- Playdough
- Rubber Stamps
- Small Toys (Like Hot Wheels, Plastic Animals, etc.)
- Bath Squirters
Aside from figuring out what to fill the eggs with, I was also thinking about how to run the egg hunt to ensure that the girls don't get upset that someone found more than another. So, I think I'm going to assign each girl a color...but I'm not going to tell them what that color is until all of the eggs have been collected. The girls will run around...find the eggs...bring them inside...THEN I will tell them who gets what colors. That way, each girl gets an equal amount of eggs and also gets a variety of surprises...but they still have the fun of trying to collect the most eggs. I'm very excited to plan this out and also to fill Lili's Easter basket! I have been searching for ideas for toddler baskets and think I have some good ones! We'll have to see what I can come up with when I get to the store!
No comments:
Post a Comment