I realized that I've been slacking on my blog these past few weeks and I'm pretty sure my brain is now so overloaded I'm experiencing writer's block. We had an awful case of what was suspected to be rotavirus running through our house and it took 2 full weeks to get us back to being healthy again. Lili and I were the only ones who got caught by the nasty bug, but we were both down for the count when it struck. I haven't felt that bad in YEARS! As of this past Monday though, everyone seemed to be normal again and we were actually able to put in a full work week...amazing!
Outside of that, things are busy. Work is picking up as we start to prepare for a huge systems migration in June. I'm a little nervous about it because in the past, I would have been involved in ALL aspects of the migration related to the application that I am responsible for. With the new combined company, things are being run a little different this time and I can't say I'm completely comfortable with the situation. It's hard to "let it go" when I've been held accountable for so much of it in the past. Now I'm being told to let other people take some of it on and to focus on certain pieces and I don't know how to deal with that. Control freak? Why yes, yes I am. The next few months should be interesting!
Drew has been trying to get to his martial arts class at least 3 nights a week and finally started "sparring" after successfully testing for his orange belt. Tuesday night he came home with the start of a black eye, excitedly telling me he got punched in the face...repeatedly..............and how much "fun" it was. Ummm...sure...o.k. I'll take your word for it! I asked if he at least got to punch some other guy in the face, which he did and then I reminded him of his promise that any visible injuries would be attributed to "husband beating" if he was asked about it at work.
The kids are doing great! Will is so happy Drew and I are constantly questioning if something is "wrong". We know it's ridiculous, but we've just never seen so many smiles! I can't believe he's almost 6 months old!
Miss. Lili is talking up a storm and is so goofy! She just has this hysterically funny personality and gets sillier by the day. It's amazing to watch her transform from a baby into a little GIRL!
Well, that's all I have for tonight. Nothing too exciting, but we're alive and doing well!
Royal Mickey & Minnie Birthday Party
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment