Miss. Lili is still sick. The vomiting mostly stopped by Tuesday morning, so we started giving her little bits of water, Gatorade G2 and those Pedialyte popsicles. As we left the house to pick up Will from daycare on Tuesday night though, she puked all over both of us. After not having puked for 12 hours, I was pretty surprised. That night she slept soundly from 6:30pm until 7:00am Wednesday morning. Drew attempted to do the water/Gatorade/popsicle thing again yesterday, along with a few crackers and some toast. Everything "appeared" to be staying down.....until we got in the car to go to Urgent Care for an ear check. That's when she spewed all over herself and her carseat. We arrived at the Urgent Care with a toddler covered in peanut butter smelling puke and of course discovered that she did indeed, have another ear infection. I don't know what to do about those anymore! She got ear tubes put in last October and was ear infection-free for almost 5 months...now she's been on 4 antibiotics for ear infections over the last 2 months alone! Anyway, we got her home with the next round of antibiotics and some advice from the doctor to watch the dehydration aspect. Lili had not been eating or drinking much...sleeping almost nonstop...and acting very lethargic. We gave her a couple of crackers, some Motrin and Gatorade before bed and hoped for the best. This morning Drew said she seems to be doing a little better. Some of the color is coming back in her cheeks (you know this kid is sick when her cheeks aren't even red!) and she's talking more. I am hoping that when I come home this evening, that she is running around like the crazy monkey that she normally is!
I am a mother of two toddlers (16 months apart), who are slowly but surely sucking the life out of me. My memory is shot to hell, but the one thing I DO remember each and every day is how grateful I am to get to be their Mom and how empty my life would be without them!
1 comment:
poor kid can't catch a break! Hope she's feeling better very soon!
Post a Comment