Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wee Willie Winkie

I have not been able to visit Will the last couple of days because I caught a cold. Obviously they recommend that parents do NOT come to the Special Care Nursery when they are sick and potentially expose all of the babies to their illness. I'm hoping to go see him tomorrow morning though, since I am starting to feel better and can wear a mask to contain the last of my ickiness. Drew went to the hospital both mornings in my place though and was able to spend some extra time with the little man. He is doing great and apparently VERY active. He's still fussing a bit for food, but overall he's easily consoled and very content. When the doctor called with their update today (they call every day), they said the infection looks like it is almost gone and they are planning to take Will off of the antibiotics and IV fluids tomorrow night! This means we can get him back on feedings and hopefully home very SOON! They haven't given us any idea of when that will be........but I'm feeling good about it all and still have my fingers crossed that we might see him in our house by Thanksgiving. We might be pushing it, but hey...a girl can always dream, right?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh good! Glad to hear that everything is getting cleared up. That little guy will get to come home in no time!