Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Baby GIGANTOR!!!



After 2 days of not seeing Will due to my cold, I was finally able to make a trip to the hospital this morning. As I walked in though, Will looked "different". I asked the nurse why he was so "puffy" and if something was wrong with him. She said he was doing great and gaining weight, which prompted me to ask how much he was up to. HE WEIGHTS 5LBS 7OZ!!!!!!!!! Since they took him off his feedings, he has been getting lipids through his IV at 40% fat. This is just packing the weight on and last night alone he gained 3oz!!! I am amazed at how much of a difference 1lb makes in these little guys!

Not only is Will getting big and strong, today was his last day on the antiobiotic treatments for the NEC. They gave him his 1st feeding this afternoon through a bottle! It was only 5mls since they need to take things slow and monitor how his body reacts to it, but it was a great start! We are so excited to see him doing so well and I know these feedings are going to make him a much happier boy!
Here are a few pics from my visit this morning with the little chubbalub! =-)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

What a sweetie! He is getting bigger every day!

Kristen said...

Dude! He totally has your nose! You know how its a little squishy and flat on top, that's just like yours! What a handsome nephew I have :)

Unknown said...

Oh, he is so cute and he is getting so big. He does look different, it is amazing what a 1 lb. can do! Wow! He almost weighs what Logan weighed when he was born (5 lb 9 oz at 33 1/2 weeks)! I am really glad that he is doing better and I hope he gets to come soon!!