Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Snowbunnies & Yogurt







Lili and I had lots of fun when we got home tonight. First, her new L.L.Bean snowsuit, hat and boots arrived, so we had to try them on. Although the manufacturer claimed that it wouldn't make her look like a puffed out marshmallow...it still did! I was immediately reminded of A Christmas Story when Ralphie's little brother was bundled up so tight one morning that he fell over on his way to school and couldn't get back up! He just flopped around on the snow covered sidewalk screaming for help! Poor Lili.........I hope she'll be able to move!

After our snowsuit adventure, it was time for dinner.......and Spoon Boot Camp. We've been slowly introducing her to the concept of feeding herself with a spoon, however it's been a little messy. Last night she grabbed one of our serving spoons and actually didn't do too bad stuffing fruit in her mouth. Tonight was a different story when we tried yogurt with a toddler sized utensil. She would scoop out some yogurt, but then turn the spoon upside down as it entered her mouth. She also switched back and forth from her left hand to her right.......and as she got tired of using the spoon, you can see her grabbing fistfuls of yogurt. I didn't even know you could grab a fistful of yogurt!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

She sure looked like she was enjoying herself! Nice that she had a spoon her own size this time. Ha ha. Wish I could eat yogurt with my hands. Might be fun!

Katie said...

hahaha...that snowsuit is awesome!
And the yogurt looks like fun ;)