



I still find it so incredibly strange that I have KIDS...plural...multiple children...more than one... When I think about having two of them running around here this X-mas...o.k., one of them running around and the other snoozing in his bouncer...it just doesn't even seem real!
Willie is doing awesome and the doctors continue to tell us how healthy and strong he is. We visit him every day and I call to talk to his night nurse every evening, just to make sure that he's doing o.k. Tonight, the nurse told me that she met Will for the 1st time yesterday and that he is one of the sweetest, most even-tempered babies she had ever cared for. This, coming from a woman whose job gives her the opportunity to meet many, many babies, meant a lot to me. It's unbelievably hard leaving your baby in someone else's hands and not being able to be with him yourself...so hearing things like that gives me some reassurance that he is happy and that life isn't so miserable for him there in the hospital. At this point we still do not know when he will be coming home. Although I can't wait for that day to come, the thought of it also scares me. I have never been good with the "unknown"...I'm a planner, so I wish I could see into the future enough to give me some idea of what things will be like with two little ones. I just hope I can give them each the attention they deserve and that they grow up happy!
This morning Lili and I went to the hospital and met my two good friends Mac and Katie. The Special Care Nursery only allows siblings to visit 1 minute for every year of their age (so Lili could stay 1.5 minutes), once a month. It almost didn't seem worth it to bring her, but we really wanted her to see him. Lili has no idea that she has a little brother, so I am sure the day he comes home will be quite a shock. She knows what a baby is from being at the daycare center and she has a babydoll, but she's a little too young to understand how all of this is going to affect her life. Unfortunately when we got to the hospital, I found out that she needed to wear a mask and that did NOT go over well with her. Although it was a very cute Mickey Mouse mask, she refused to keep it on her face and therefore could not go in. I was a little disappointed, but in the end, I'm sure she's going to see enough of little Willie when he finally comes home!
Mac and Katie spent the rest of the day with us and came back to our house to help watch Lili and prepare the house for Willie's arrival. I, of course, didn't make the best use of our time because there is literally so much to do, I am overwhelmed and can't think straight enough to organize any of it. The nursery is nowhere near ready, I still have quite a few necessities to shop for and our house is a sty. The day flew by and as my friends were leaving, I was kicking myself for not planning our time better. I'm hoping they know how much I appreciate their company and what we were able to do, even if we didn't accomplish a whole lot! It was great seeing them and Lili definitely loved having some new friends to play with!
Here are some pics of my sweet little babies!
1 comment:
We had a blast playing with Lili! It was also great to see how well Will is doing. I swear he is growing! Any time you need a hand, just let us know. We'll take Lili for a day or whatever you need! Maybe we can even leave Lili with Dave and go scrap or something for stress relief. ha ha.
Post a Comment