Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Busy Weekend!







Although we didn't have anything significant planned for this weekend, it ended up being a busy one! We went to visit Will each day and he is doing great. They restarted his feedings on Thursday at 5mls per feeding and he is now up to 20mls. They will continue to increase the amount until he is finally back where he should be for his age/weight. The only concern they have at this point is that he hasn't pooped. I tried to reassure them that his mother has the same problem, but that didn't seem to make them feel any better. They gave him a suppository this morning but so far...nothing. I don't know what the next steps are if he doesn't let loose at some point, but it sounds like we will know more tomorrow. I am really hoping that his body is just a little slow in that respect because the more food he tolerates and digests, the less they have to give him through the IV. Once they get down to a certain level, they can remove his IV altogether. I thought I had it bad being on bedrest and getting poked every 4-5 days.......this little guy has been getting a new one every 24 hours, if not sooner. Due to their size, preemie's veins are so small and very difficult to find. This morning it took them 3 tries to get it in and it finally ended up in his head......the one spot that makes me cringe every time I see it. Outside of pooping and IV issues, he is growing fast and seems very content! I have a hard time putting him down as our visits end each day...

Miss. Lili kept us laughing the rest of the weekend. As we cleaned the house, worked on Will's nursery and ran errands, she was always doing something to get our attention. As you can see from the pics, she leaves a path of destruction wherever she goes now. While I am cleaning up one mess, she is making another. She has also become infatuated with books, as well as climbing in the laundry baskets and "helping" me fold. I fold one piece...she picks it up and shakes it out...hands it back to me...says something to me that sounds like "wah, wah, wah, wah, wah" but definitely means something to her...I fold it again...etc. The funniest thing that she's been doing lately, which really isn't so funny, are her attempts at squeezing past our gates. A month or so ago, Lola figured out that she could get past the gates at the top and bottom of our stairs by pushing herself under them. These gates are basically like screens that roll up on one side, so they are pretty flexible in the middle and that is how Lola got her 60lb frame through the 3-4 inch gap at the bottom. Anyway, Lili has apparently been observing Lola and now thinks that she can squeeze under them too. This is especially hysterical to us because she puts her head down on the floor right next to the gate, with her butt up in the air and acts like she wants to do a somersault. She'll kick her legs out one at a time and look back at you as if to say, "Are you gonna help me out or what?" It just kills me to watch her do this! Every day I am amazed by what she has learned from that dang DOG!!!

No comments: