Quick update on the stomach bug before I talk about my cuckoo kids. Must have been a mild illness since I was feeling a lot better by Monday night and Lili woke me up at midnight, tickling my chin and saying, 'Tickle! Tickle! Tickle!'...fever free and with a smile on her face. The kids are back at daycare yesterday and I'm working. YAY for healthy kids! Now let's hope Will and Drew stay stomach bug free...
Ok back to my little crazies...
Something happened to Will a few days back and I have no idea what prompted the change. A growth spurt maybe? All I know is he went from mildly nutty, to full blown maybe-you-should-put-me-on-drugs nuttiness. He's completely, 100% C.R.A.Z.Y. He runs around the house growling like a rabid animal. He climbs on everyone and everything and cackles hysterically. He gets right up in your face and grins and makes noises at you until you laugh at him. He truly reminds me of someone on speed...and I swear to you, my kids don't sleep as it is, I would NEVER give them speed! Not to mention it is illegal and quite bad for them. I don't even know what to do with him he's so crazy! All kids are silly and wild at times, but this has been nonstop for about 3 days now. The nice part about his new found hysteria is that he's HAPPY. He has a HUGE grin on his face at least 23 out of 24 hours a day. I can't get over how easy it is to make him smile and I absolutely love it. Even though the crazy in him drives us nuts at times, we always end up laughing with him by the end. How do you NOT laugh at that? It is the most hilarious thing...it's like we wound him up and just let him go!
Let’s see…what else is Will up to… Oh, his favorite thing to play with these days is his sister. He does whatever he possibly can to make her scream or cry or laugh. He steals her toys, nuk and/or blankie and runs away…he gets up on the couch next to her and drinks her juice, or grabs at her face…his goal in life is to torment her and he’s doing a pretty good job of it! I try to distract him with toys, but he has almost no interest in them when she’s around. The only time I can really get her to leave him alone is when I sit at one end of the upstairs hallway and repeatedly throw a ball down it for him to retrieve…just like a puppy. He runs after it…grabs it…brings it back…and we do it again. I think we did that for at least 40 minutes last night. It was nice not hearing screams from the 2 year old.
…and then there’s Lili….Lili, Lili, Lili… The kid is just funny…and sassy…and ornery…all wrapped up into one very cute little girl. Her favorite thing to do in the car lately is what she calls 'Animals'. I say the name of an animal and she repeats it. You wouldn't think that would be too exciting, but for some reason she loves it. The biggest problem I have is running out of animal names. I try to get through every animal I can think of without duplicating any, but I always get to a point where I can't think of anymore. Maybe my goal this year should be to discover new animal names to make her repeat... She recently started watching Disney movies and is really enjoying most of them. She LOVES ‘The Fox and the Hound’ and ‘Snow White’! I kind of forgot about the ‘violence’ in them…but by the time it happened, we were already engaged. Like the part at the beginning of ‘Snow White’ where the dude finds her and tries to stab her with a really huge knife. Yeah, that was awkward. I realized that that stuff makes me lie. Take for example when Snow White bit the apple and was laying in the glass coffin…Lili asked why the dwarves were crying. I told her that Snow White was sleeping and they couldn’t get her to wake up and that made them sad. When the hunter in ‘The Fox and the Hound’ was shooting at the fox, Lili asked what ‘that guy’ was doing…so I told her he was trying to catch Todd (the fox) and keep him as a pet so he could hug him. I’m not sure at what age you start to tell the truth, but I’m not ready for it yet. I’m also not ready for the mouthiness, which already seems to be starting. Like when I tell her to pick something up, she says, ‘No, YOU pick it up!’…or if I’m talking to someone, but she wants my attention, she will interrupt us and yell, ‘Stop talking, Mommy!’. Makes me want to wring… I don’t help the situation by laughing though. Sometimes there is this potent mix of frustration and irritation and amusement that ends up forcing me to bust a gut. I need to figure out how to keep that under control and the best way to handle situations like this in the future, as I am sure there are MANY more to come!
Royal Mickey & Minnie Birthday Party
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment