I can’t remember when it was last year that I taught Lili the term ‘goodies’. This is the magical term for a person’s special stuff…boys have goodies and girls have goodies…and you should never touch anyone else’s goodies. It slipped out one night when the kids were in the bath and Lili realized that Mr. Will had something a little different down there. She wouldn’t stop touching his goodies and that’s when I blurted out that if she didn’t stop, Brother Will’s goodies would bite her. I felt horrible after that, but was relieved to discover that Lili no longer had any interest in Will’s goodies. In fact, she hasn’t said anything about goodies at all for months! Whew! Well, until the other night…when she was yelling something at me from the tub and as I started to focus more on what she was saying and what she was doing, I realized that she was flicking Will’s goodies and yelling, ‘I got the goodies! I got the goodies!’…in one of those keep-away taunting voices…….you know what I’m talking about…like when you were little and you’d say to your brother, ‘I got a sucker…na-na-na-boo-boo!’. That kind of voice. Will was laughing during this time which almost made the experience more disturbing. Don’t ask me why I made the decision to start calling them ‘goodies’. I guess because I couldn’t imagine my sweet little 2 year old daughter using words like ‘pen*s’ and ‘vag*na’. Goodies seemed more age appropriate. Of course it doesn’t help the situation that Lili has always been the type of child who does everything you tell her NOT to do and loves getting reactions out of people. I’m hoping her goodie flicking does not become a nightly recurring bath activity. If it does, I have no idea what I’m going to do. Buy Will a cup? I could stop joint bathtime, but seriously…it seems a little premature and also cramps our bedtime routine.
Aside from the goodie concerns, Will is starting to venture into the hilarious phases we’ve experienced with Lili throughout the past year. Every day his funny little personality is revealing itself more and more. This morning I was in the bathroom putting gel in my hair. I had flipped my hair upside down and was scrunching the curl into it. When I flipped it back up, I found Will…standing the bathroom doorway…with the HUGEST grin on his face…scrunching his hair. Yes, I said he was scrunching his hair. Then he took off like a bat out of you-know-where. I know kids are funny and silly and adorable, but mine just crack me up! Every day it’s something new and I’ve noticed that they both will specifically do goofy things to get people to laugh. I know I’ve done plenty of that to them……making faces to get a smile…tickling them to make them laugh…I guess they’ve just started realizing that they can do that to others and create the same reactions. No one would ever use the word ‘normal’ to describe me, so it’s only natural that my kids be just as goofy and crazy as their Mama!
Royal Mickey & Minnie Birthday Party
1 week ago
1 comment:
This is hilarious...I don't have advice on the goodies situation, maybe separate baths but likely the phase will pass and Lili will be on to something else!!! Jackson is just starting to show interest in potty training and so he always says "go pee pee" whenever he is in the bathroom...but he never does it! This bathroom stuff is crazy!!
Post a Comment