We don't have daycare today so I took the day off of work to stay home with the munchkins. I have to say, this is one of the nicest days I've had in a long time. The normal stresses of getting kids up at the butt crack of dawn...dressing them...shipping them off to daycare...working a full day...rushing to pick them up from daycare...running home to make dinner, serve dinner, clean up the kitchen, give the kids a bath, read books, watch Wonder Pets and put them to bed...are non-existent today. And I kind of like it. I have had at least one job, if not two, since I was 15 and I honestly don't know what it would be like NOT to have a job that I leave the house and go to every day. The idea makes me nervous for many reasons and it's not something we are financially prepared to do anytime soon, but today made me see some of what I'm missing. I like not having the alarm clock forcing me awake at a specific time. I like not having a set schedule and being able to make cinnamon rolls for breakfast. I like organizing toys in the living room and playing with each one with the kids as I do it. I like playing tickle monster with Will and helping Lili put stickers in her coloring book. I like being able to start a load of laundry and take something out of the freezer for dinner in plenty of time for it to defrost and be ready for cooking. I just feel very relaxed today and happy and loving the smiles from my monkeys. It's a great day.
No comments:
Post a Comment