Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Big Girl Room

Well, it's time for us to su*k it up and move Lili to a big girl bed. No, she hasn't climbed out of her crib, but she's 2 1/2 now and when we have icky sleep nights, I would love to have another bed in this house to go to! HA! Yep, it's for me! Just kidding...it really is for her and I'm hoping having a fun, new, big girl bed will encourage her to stay in it. I probably shouldn't complain considering Lili only comes into our bed once or twice a week...and occasionally not at all for a stretch of time...but when she does, I usually end up on the couch. I really want some consistency with the sleeping or not sleeping going on in our house...and eventually I'm going to have to get her out of the crib...so why not do it now?

The big debate so far has been, do we convert the crib to a toddler bed or to a full size bed? Everyone does it different, so it's hard to say what is the 'right' or 'wrong' way...and honestly, I don't think we will know for sure if what we decide was 'right' or 'wrong' until we do it and see how Lili adjusts. So, as of right now, the big transition will be happening the weekend of March 13th-14th and we are going to move her to a full size bed. This upcoming weekend we are planning to do all of the prep work. We are going to shop for paint (we are making one of her walls an accent wall, so 3 out of 4 will stay the chocolate brown color they are now and the 4th wall will be purple or pink or something fun!)...pick up the conversion bed rails from Babies R' Us...shop for a full size mattress set...and pick up any remaining little things that we need. I ordered bedding a couple of weeks ago and have been shopping for decorative items throughout the last year. I got some cute things from craft fairs right before X-mas, so I'm excited to get those up on the walls. The room will be a hodge podge of colors...pinks, purples, greens, yellows, blues, etc. There will be butterflies and flowers and other girly things to make it special. I hope everything comes together as planned and that Lili loves her big girl room! Once we get this over with, then it's on to getting rid of the nuk...or maybe potty training...or maybe getting Will off of his bottles 100%...or....????

No comments: