Lili and I are both feeling a little funny in our tummies right now. We all went to bed o.k. last night, but then around midnight she was sobbing...calling for me...and hallucinating about bugs being next to her. She felt warm but I thought she had just had too many covers on. I laid with her for over an hour, while she stared at the ceiling wide awake...and talked to me. Then suddenly she was screeching about a 'bug' being on her arm and insisted that we go to 'Daddy's bed'. I'm pretty sure she calls it that because he's the only one consistently sleeping there...HA! She then laid in between Drew and I and talked until about 3am, when she finally fell asleep. I quietly removed myself from the community bed and tried to catch a couple of hours of rest in HER bed (see, there was an ulterior motive for moving her into a full...). Just as I was drifting off to sleep, Will decided it was his turn to have some middle of the night awake time. I got him back in his crib around 5:30am and next thing you know, alarms were going off and Lili was wandering the halls searching for me. That's when I discovered she had a fever and when I also realized that my wooziness wasn't going anywhere. So, today the kids and I stayed home. I'm actually doing better, but Lili spent the entire day on the couch. I kept her drugged and comfy, but you could tell she was miserable. We recently started watching Disney movies with her and her recent faves are The Fox and the Hound and Snow White. Needless to say we saw those several times throughout the day, mixed with Barney and Wonder Pets. Poor Will probably should have gone to daycare, but we kept him home as well. He was SO happy but he would NOT leave Lili alone. He was jumping on her...stealing her nuk and her blankie...screaming in her face... He LOVED seeing her reaction (crying) and would cackle hysterically. He thought the whole thing was a game. I spent most of the day trying to distract him, which I wasn't always successful at. Oh well... I'm hoping everyone will wake up healthy and happy in the morning so that we can go about our normal daily routines. Fingers crossed!
I am a mother of two toddlers (16 months apart), who are slowly but surely sucking the life out of me. My memory is shot to hell, but the one thing I DO remember each and every day is how grateful I am to get to be their Mom and how empty my life would be without them!
No comments:
Post a Comment