Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Little Dude


Our little boy is growing up and it's scaring the hell out of me! At some point during the last few weeks he went from 'baby' to 'boy'...or 'dude', as we like to call him. I have no idea what happened. It was like one day I was giving him a bottle, he was barely walking and not saying a word. Now the kid runs around the house and doesn't shut up. Granted, his vocabulary is limited, but he certainly seems to think he has a lot to say with all of the sounds coming out of his mouth! Aside from a few key words...Mommy, Hi, DUDE!, "Cheese!" (for the camera), ball and cracker...the rest is just a lot of mumbo jumbo utilizing a variety of sounds and pitches. The craziest part about it is that Lili apparently understands what he's saying. I often find them playing together and he will be babbling...gesturing with his arms...and truly believing he is conversing with her........and she responds! 'No, baby', 'Yes'. If only she were a little older so that I could ask her to translate. The only thing I consistently understand is when that boy is PISSED OFF!

No comments: