




Last weekend Will had his 1st taste of rice cereal...while Lili had her 1st taste of fresh blackberries. As you can see from the pics, rice cereal was a "painful" experience and the blackberries were massacred. Eating seems to be a complicated thing in our house lately (not for me, obviously...if I see it, I eat it). Will is 6 months and doesn't seem quite ready to be slugging down baby food (we'll keep trying though) and Lili has become the typical, picky toddler. Every day we go through the same thing...we give her everything that we eat and she says, "No!" and pushes her plate away. Occasionally she will attempt to take a bite of something, but before it makes it all the way into her mouth she yells, "Yuck!" and throws it. I have no intention of making separate meals for each person in the family, just to get them to eat, however at this age that type of reasoning just isn't realistic. The most I can hope for is that she will start telling me what she really wants and if it's within reason, I don't mind giving it to her. So far, her requests have been limited to cheese and "seer-roll" (cereal). I honestly don't have the energy to fight those battles, so if Kraft cheese slices and pickle relish are all she wants to eat for dinner (like the last 3 nights), then so be it. In-between I will try to trick her into eating something healthy or trying something new...such as blackberries...and hope that she likes them just as much! She ate a whole container of them in one sitting!
No comments:
Post a Comment