Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Sunday, May 3, 2009

I Hate The Sun

Almost everyone who knows me knows that I am an "inside girl". I hate bugs, dirt and the sun...which doesn't really leave me with much incentive to go outside. I'm pretty sure that I have spent 360 days of every year, for the last 5 years, within the walls of this house...only stepping beyond them when "forced" to. With a toddler though, things have drastically changed. I swear we spent the ENTIRE WEEKEND outside. We went for walks...Lili rode her Radio Flyer tricycle (that has a Mommy handle off the back to help push, since her feet can't quite reach the pedals yet)...spent time at the park...ran around the backyard...I'm pooped! The second we got back inside after each adventure, Lili was already asking to go back out.......and throwing fits if we didn't let her. The only "problem" I had with taking her out was Will's intolerance to the wind. He can't STAND the wind blowing or the sun in his eyes and no matter how much I tried to shield him, I was never 100% successful. He did really well overall, but when he was done...HE WAS DONE!! It was also pretty funny to see the 3 of us tonight after all that time outdoors...we all had bright red, windblown, sunkissed cheeks! Those poor munchkins have inherited their Mama's sensitive skin!

No comments: