Yesterday morning Drew got up at 3:30am to go fishing with a friend. It was fishing opener, which apparently is a "big deal" around here. I guess with so many lakes that's to be expected. This meant that I was home with the kids by myself all day. I always get that twinge of nervousness in my gut when I know a day like this is coming up because I only have 2 hands (last time I checked) and I never know what to expect. Will the kids be at their worst, at their best or somewhere in-between? They were definitely at their best and we had so much fun! We woke up at 5:30am, which has become pretty standard around here. I wish my munchkins could understand that on WEEKENDS, it's acceptable to sleep in, but I'm pretty sure they don't give a rat's arse. We all got up and both of them were just babbling happily as we changed diapers, got a bottle for Will and some milk for Lili. We watched Barney to get through the feeding and then took a drive to Caribou for a coffee (our coffeemaker exploded last weekend...). It was a little chilly out, so we spent most of the day downstairs in the playroom. We pushed babies and Elmo around in the stroller...read books...made "soup" in the kitchen...had snacks... There was laundry to do, as well as some tidying and Lili was such a good helper! She loves to put the washed clothes in the dryer and close the door. She also helps to find dirty clothes to throw in the next load. In a few years, when this kid can do the laundry by herself, we'll be golden! Drew got home late afternoon and took Lili outside for awhile. Both kids were awesome at bedtime and went right down, which meant I was able to go to the outlet mall for a couple of hours and wander around by myself. It was so nice to have a little break! Drew even took the night shift last night, so I was able to come home and sleep for 9 straight hours before waking up to a cheese omelet! Yum! A dozen yellow roses, some chocolate, a card that Lili apparently picked out herself and a digital photo frame for the office made my Mother's Day complete! Lili and I went to Target this morning and now the kids are napping. I'm hoping to drag myself away from the computer soon so that I can actually be productive today. Our house is a sty!
HOPE EVERYONE'S MOTHER'S DAY HAS BEEN AS GREAT AS MINE!
Royal Mickey & Minnie Birthday Party
1 week ago
1 comment:
What an awesome Mother's Day!
Post a Comment