O.k., I have some random rants that I just need to get out today...
1. A 66 year old pregnant woman? I'm sorry, but if I think I'm too old to be having babies at 32, that woman is DEFINITELY too old to be having babies at 66. It seriously makes me think that CPS would be doing that poor child an injustice if they didn't find them a forever home with parents who aren't eligible to order off of the Senior Citizens menu at Denny's. I actually could give her the benefit of the doubt if she had naturally become pregnant by some freak force of nature. I cannot BELIEVE she underwent IVF...and that there was actually a clinic out there willing to do it!!!! I know, I know...we all have the freedom to make choices for ourselves, but when they significantly affects another life.........and besides that, it's hard work! I was just telling Drew last night that I felt like I'd been hit by a bus after the weekend we had chasing our munchkins around!
2. Facebook...so, I told myself I was never going to join that web of craziness...but I did and it's becoming a little addicting. The part that still confuses me is...why the hell are girls from high school, who acted like I didn't even exist, suddenly asking me to "add them" as a "friend"? I mean, do you think I waste my time searching for people who I don't care for or haven't even had any contact with in 14 years? Sure, I know people "supposedly" grow up and start to realize the error in their ways, but I still don't have any desire to become "buddies". Do I add them? Sure. If they want to read about my random thoughts of insanity, they can knock themselves out. Who am I to stop them? I just find it amusing that they even care.
3. Since when did it become a requirement that you must bring in BAKED GOODS to get other people to DO THEIR JOBS?!?!?!? Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for the occasional treat at work. Heck, look at me...does it look like I've been refusing any homemade nummies? What irritates me is that I actually HEAR people SAY, at least 3 times a week, "I guess this means I need to do some baking tonight if the ___ department finishes those updates for us." What? You are "compensating" other individuals with baked goods for doing something that is within their outlined job responsibilities and for which they already receive a nice paycheck every 2 weeks? Are you kidding me?!? So now my "joke" (that really isn't a joke), when I'm working with these groups who "expect" such delectable baked goods for (I repeat) DOING THEIR JOBS, is..."Sorry Guys, no cookies from me! I don't bake so you're going to have to hope for someone else on the next project!"
Royal Mickey & Minnie Birthday Party
1 week ago
1 comment:
I also said I'd never join Facebook. Though not a lot of people from my HS are on and I went to a small one, but yeah, there was a gal never talked to me in HS, never commented on my FB stuff and all that happened was I had to see her posts about how great her life was. I defriended her.
Baked goods-that is what happens when you give every kid on the team a trophy whether they sat on the bench or were solely responsible for the no-hitter that season. Or getting paid for grades. This generation is totally full of entitlement issues. Makes me insane. Get off your ass and do your job-there are plenty of people out there who are losing their homes who will be glad to do your job- no muffin required.
Wow, that does feel good to vent, thanks!
Post a Comment