Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Friday, January 14, 2011

Top 25 Books Read In Our House

Someone recently asked me about the books we read in our house and what the kids are really loving right now, so I thought I would post our top 25 book reads! These are in no particular order and are all frequently rotated through bedtime storytime.

I do have to point out #'s 1, 3 and 23. These are all really great books about kids who are a little 'different' and talk about how being different is o.k....and can even be fun! I figure we might as well get started on this topic now, before they are faced with real life situations in a couple of years as they head into Kindergarten. I do not want my kids to feel bad for being different than some of the other kids around them (if they even are)...and yet I don't want them to make others feel bad for being different either. When I think about all of the things we have to teach these monkeys.......it freaks me out! In the end I just want them to be kind and sweet and funny little buggers. Let's hope they are!

1. Stand Tall Molly Lou Melon...By: Patty Lovell
2. The Boy Who Wouldn't Share...By: Mike Reiss
3. I Like Myself!...By: Karen Beaumont
4. The Day The Babies Crawled Away...By: Peggy Rathmann
5. Llama Llama Red Pajama...By: Anna Dewdney
6. Llama Llama Misses Mama...By: Anna Dewdney
7. Llama Llama Mad At Mama...By: Anna Dewdney
8. How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight?...By: Jane Yolen & Mark Teague
9. How Do Dinosaurs Get Well Soon?...By: Jane Yolen & Mark Teague
10. How Do Dinosaurs Go To School?...By: Jane Yolen & Mark Teague
11. How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food?...By: Jane Yolen & Mark Teague
12. How Do Dinosaurs Say I Love You?...By: Jane Yolen & Mark Teague
13. Olivia...By: Ian Falconer
14. Madeline...By: Ludwig Bemelmanns
15. Pinkalicious...By: Victoria Kann & Elizabeth Kann
16. Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day...By: Judith Viorst
17. Gorgonzola A Very Stinkysaurus...By: Margie Palatini
18. Roly Poly Pangolin...By: Anna Dewdney
19. If You Give A Mouse A Cookie...By: Laura Joffe Numeroff
20. If You Give A Pig A Pancake...By: Laura Joffe Numeroff
21. If You Give A Moose A Muffin...By: Laura Joffe Numeroff
22. If You Give A Cat A Cupcake...By: Laura Joffe Numeroff
23. Fancy Nancy...By: Jane O' Connor
24. Marley & The Kittens...By: John Grogan
25. Bad Dog, Marley!...By: John Grogan

No comments: