Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

T-Town

This past weekend I ended up flying back to Toledo to visit my Mom. I wasn't planning a trip there, but when I found out she was scheduled to have a heart cath I figured it would be a good time to go. The procedure actually went really well and we had some awesome friends who were able to get her to the hospital on Tuesday and also be there during the procedure on Wednesday morning. Things looked better than the cardiologist had expected, so they didn't need to put any stents in and she was discharged on Thursday morning. My sister and I both arrived in Toledo on Thursday afternoon and spent the weekend helping Mom clean out her house. She had accumulated quite a bit of stuff over the years and it has been really hard for her to get things done on her own. She recently told me that it was very overwhelming and hard to get motivated when she didn't know where to start. Between Kristen, myself and our friend, Christine, we made SO much progress! We filled an entire 10 yard dumpster and also created a huge 'sell' pile. We still have a ways to go, but hopefully Mom will continue some of this on her own and also enlist the help of some of the kids who live closer when she needs it. Although it was a productive weekend it was a lot of hard work and I'm exhausted!

No comments: