We didn't have a big ol' cookie making day this year as we have in the past. Instead we just made a random batch of different cookies at different times. After Thanksgiving we did peanut butter blossoms...mid-December we made some oatmeal chocolate chip...and then on X-mas Eve we made sugar cookie cutouts. We attempted this with just Lili while Will was napping and it was quite the event. She wanted to do EVERYTHING herself (shocking)...and made a big ol' mess while she did it. She did an AWESOME job, but I truly thought it would never end...

She did better than I thought she would at pushing the cutters into the dough. Sure, she wasted some 'space' when cutting them out, but at least she didn't overlap them!

When she was using the circle cutter, she did a few and then suddenly said, 'Look Mommy...Mickey Mouse!'...and whaddaya know, there was Mickey Mouse!

I'm pretty sure rolling the dough was her favorite though. She called it 'doughing it'......'I dough it now Mommy?'...sure, go ahead. She was doing great until I heard, 'Mommy! I doughing ME!'...and there she was...standing on one of the chairs...rolling the rolling pin up and down her belly.......... That's my girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment