Tonight I ran over the garbage can. It's as if the thing just came out of nowhere. Of course it was garbage day and for some reason neither Drew or I thought to drag it in when we got home from work. After dinner I was headed to Slumberland to pick up Lili's new mattress set (long story, for another post!) and needed the truck, so I backed out without a care in the world. I heard a bit of a crunch, but nothing major, so I figured I had simply scraped the truck against some of the snow piles on either side of the drive. That's when the truck stopped altogether...even though I was pushing on the gas. I assumed I was stuck on some ice, so I tried to pull forward. Nope. Back again? Nope. Will it move if it's in neutral? Nope. Just then I see another truck coming down our street. It was dark, so I couldn't see who it was, but still tried to signal to them to go around me since I was sticking out into the street a ways. At that point the truck pulled up right next to where I was and the driver got out. I decided to get out as well and that's when I realized it was my next door neighbor, Darren. 'Hey! I'm stuck!' I yelled out. As I walk to the back of the truck where he was standing, I notice that he's staring at it and pointing. I look over and there is our garbage can...wedged underneath the truck bed of our F150. Of course Darren is finding this extremely amusing and tell me I need to put the truck in 4 wheel drive. Ummm...I thought I tried that? Apparently I must not have had the stick in the right position because he switched it over, drove forward and the can popped out. Miraculously the garbage can was in pretty good shape. A little wobbly, but nothing I couldn't chalk up to the garbage men being too rough with it! That's when I told Darren he needed to keep this to himself...no reason to tell the husband, right? Why get everyone all worked up when there is no need to be?
Despite me saying that though, I was giving Drew the news myself a short while later. I think he found this a lot more amusing than the garage door incident. Maybe because it was less expensive?
Royal Mickey & Minnie Birthday Party
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment