Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Pre X-Mas Insanity

I temporarily lost my mind right before X-Mas and decided to paint the office/scrappin' room downstairs. We got a boatload of snow one weekend, so while venturing out to the grocery store to get the necessary provisions, I also made a quick stop at Sherwin Williams. I arrived home fully loaded with everything I needed to get some new paint on these walls. Although I was all gung-ho about my little project, I picked a pretty bad time to do it. Right before X-Mas when I still had a million other things to do and several X-Mas gift projects to complete? Dumb, Andrea. Dumb.

So here are a couple of before pics... As you can see, we had quite of bit of stuff in there. I work from home 2 days a week and scrappin' isn't easy to keep contained, so half of the room got a little out of control just due to that.
Then there is the other half of the room that was mainly used for storage...and as a place to throw anything we needed to keep out of reach of the kids.
The end result is pretty nice, if I do say so myself! The DVD storage alone makes a world of difference and I think the 'Edamame' walls are 10x's better than the brown.
So much better than the window sill...
I still have quite a bit of stuff in the office/scrappin' area that needs to be sorted and organized, but that's going to take a little more time than what I had during the redo.
Yes, those are actual pictures on the wall!
This is my Internet gnome... I'm hoping he's lucky. I hung him next to my computer to ward off the evil Internet spirits that continue to hijack my network connection.

Despite being sick of painting, I'm already thinking about the next room that needs to be done. So much to do...so little time.

1 comment:

Jenny and Jon said...

the room looks awesome, I love de-cluttering and organizing, it will probably improve your ability to work in that space too!!