Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Monday, January 3, 2011

Pre X-Mas Event: Decorating The Tree

The kids were VERY excited to decorate our tree this year. I was even able to get them to put on the reindeer ears without at least one of them pulling theirs off! They let me take a picture and life was good!
This picture just kills me...I can hear them saying: 'You're funny Sissy!'...'No, YOU'RE funny Brother!'...
This is where Lili pretended she was a 'baby reindeer'. She makes these weird purring/growling noises to signify that she's a baby. Then she usually wants you to feed her a bottle or rock her like a baby too. HA!
Little Man was a blur of crazy energy...bouncing around like a madman...
The only thing that bugged me about our tree was that Will would NOT leave the damn ornaments alone and Drew would smugly look at me every time he touched them and say, 'See? I told you we shouldn't have put ornaments on.' I was less irritated by Will touching them than I was by Drew being a smartass.
He looks so sweet and innocent here...almost as if he truly cares about these sparkly, delicate objects and only wants to see them hanging perfectly from the tree branches. Yeah, right.
Lili did an awesome job decorating! She was always so careful and was a great helper!
Even when Brother would give up trying to get an ornament to stay and lay them flat on the branches, she would make sure they eventually got to where they needed to go. She was so proud of herself and I was too!

The whole process was fairly painless this year and wasn't as big a production as I remembered. Is this what happens as you get older?

No comments: