Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Big 3

Our little girl is turning 3...I can't believe it! We usually have her party in late June to get it over with before the 4th of July holiday and this year was no different. As you can see, Strawberry Shortcake threw up all over our house last Saturday and here are the memories we have left...

Isn't she just the cutest lil' Strawberry Shortcake? Anytime I would mention her birthday and having a party, she would add...'And we have party hats?!?!?'. The first time she said I thought it was just a fluke, but then when she wouldn't shut up about the damn hats, I knew something was up and that party hats would be a requirement. Thus, the beautiful SS hats you see in this here pic:

My friend Dixie came over early that day to help me with the cupcakes and this is what we ended up with. We had a ton of fun, but man...that was a real pain in the arse! We dipped all of the strawberries you see here, plus another 30 or so...then added pink sprinkles. The inside of the cupcakes were also 'tie-dyed' with stripes of pink, red, white and green. You basically take white cake mix, divide it up into bowls, color each bowl of batter with a different Wilton's food coloring gel (from a craft store), then layer spoonfuls of the different colors on top of each other in each cupcake tin. We made the frosting ourselves too and then used decorating tips to jazz it up. A lot of work, but I think it turned out really good and everyone loved them!
We hired someone to come in and entertain the kids and facepainting was one of her many talents. Lili LOVED her butterfly!
SS butt...
Happy little girl...
Aren't the freckles adorable??
Lili and her buddy, Lindsey...
Lili and her buddy, Emersen...I love how when she puts her arm around people, she always seems to be holding onto their necks. Not sure why she does that...
Dixie and her little girl, Lindsey...
Miss. Mara...not wanting to have any part in the facepainting, but unable to hold herself back from checking out the other kids as they were getting it done!
Mara's brother, Elijah...he was such a smiley baby!!
LOVE Rylee's looks of death! HA! She was SO cautious of everyone and definitely in that 'stranger danger' phase that usually starts happening around 9 or 10 months.
Miss. Audrey and her unicorn...
I don't even remember holding Little Man at all that day...not sure where the heck this came from!
Elijah # 2...or should I call him # 1 since he's older than the other Elijah? His laugh just makes you laugh too!
My friend Mac and lil' Rylee... Max...one of Lili's good buddies who used to go to daycare with her...we miss Max! Tyler... For some reason I just love this pic of him, even though I know he was sad because his lips weren't blue anymore. He had just eaten dinner and the blue rubbed off... =-(
Dixie and my little guy...
Miss. Dakotah...Lili's little gymnastics buddy! Not only did Cindy facepaint, but she also conducted a little mini magic show with Lili as her helper. Obviously it was nothing spectacular, but the kids sure did have fun...and Lili LOVED being the center of attention!
What were the magic words? 'ABRACADABRA, PEANUT BUTTER & JELLY SAMMICHES!'...oh and 'BOINK!', which is what Lili was doing in this picture!
Me and my sweetie girl...
Everyone in awe of Cindy's balloon twisting talents which came next! She really did make some cute stuff!
Lili LOVED her butterfly!
Since the festivites were 'supposed' to be outside but we had to move them inside due to the weather, there weren't enough chairs for everyone. As you can see here, this means the kiddos got to eat on the floor. Of course because it was new and different, Lili wanted to eat on the floor for every meal after that, for the next 2 days...
The Squatter...
Bite?
I swear we give her baths every day...
Getting ready to devour her cake!
MAKE A WISH!!
Her XL cupcake was surprisingly heavy...I think making the cupcake 'tin' out of chocolate is what pushed it over the edge...
I've got one STRONG girl though! She hoisted that cupcake up like it was made of Corn Pops! Go Lili!
As evident in the pics, the party was a success and fun was had by all...especially LILI!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I just saw this now...the pictures turned out great!!! Lili looked so cute in her little outfit! :)