Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

So Behind

I am SO behind on my blogging, which is really sad…because I love it. I love having a place to stick my thoughts and all of the funny little things that happen with the monkeys…not to mention the pics. I have SO many stories and pictures from our adventures in Ohio and the time we’ve been spending outside since the summer started…I need to get on it! For now, a quick update on the crazies will have to do…

Lili…she’s a piece of work! People always talk about the ‘terrible 2’s’, but I truly believe the 3’s will be worse for us. She has such an ATTITUDE and sometimes she talks like she’s 13, rather than almost 3. I am amazed by her vocabulary and know that her daycare friends have taught her well! Although she’s feisty and spunky and all terms related to those, she is also very sweet and hilariously funny. She loves to play pretend, which she calls ‘pitendin’…’Mommy you eat this soup…but we’re just pitendin’!’. She’s big into princesses and dolls and ‘hoop-a-looping’ (a.k.a. hula hooping). She now rides a 12" Dora bike and is SO excited to come home each day and at least do a few circles in the garage before going in the house. She tells stories about things that happened to her, which is hysterical. The other night she threw a fit at bedtime and was being especially difficult. The next morning our conversation went something like this:

Me: ‘Good Morning Sweetie, did you have good sleeps?’
Lili: ‘Uh-huh, but last night I was crying.’
Me: ‘You were crying?’
Lili: ‘Uh-huh. I was in my big girl bed and I was crying and I was yelling, ‘Mommy! Mommy!’ cuz I was scared and wanted Mommy and then Mommy came to get me and I say ‘Mommy! Mommy!’ cuz I wanted to go to Daddy’s bed.’

Well, alrighty then. At least she can articulate what is going on when she is throwing her fits.

Mr. WILL.I.AM is crazy. I think I’ve said this before, but he reminds us of a Fraggle…remember them? Drew doesn’t want me to cut his hair, so it’s getting REALLY long and flies up into the air when he runs. I’m pretty sure his goal in life right now is to torment Lili. He is just like she was (and still is), in terms of doing things for a reaction. He LOVES to see the responses he gets from people based on his actions. Hearing her scream is obviously a sound that he enjoys, while Drew and I just cringe. It’s funny to watch the two of them interact now and see how he’s learned to defend himself. Will is no longer the underdog. In fact, I would say he has almost surpassed Lili in strength and his ability to search and destroy. He has also mastered tackling, which is something I didn’t expect for awhile. The ‘best’ part about him attacking her is that he yells when he’s running over to her…right before he puts her in a choke hold and throws her to the ground…like he’s working up the strength to overtake her. I don’t want them to fight, but sometimes it’s inevitable and we are unable to catch them before it has already started. I feel like a referee sometimes… Anyway, Will is really starting to talk and knows a LOT of words already! He is obsessed with Barney, even moreso than Lili ever was and has even decided that her stuffed Barney doll is now his. Luckily, Lili was o.k. parting with it, which has allowed Will the freedom to call it his.

Overall, life is crazy with these two, but they definitely keep us laughing!

No comments: