Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Monday, June 14, 2010

Ohio Adventures: Numero UNO

Lili and I went to Ohio a couple of weeks ago to visit family and really had a great time. Although I was a stressed out Mom (one of my long-term 'issues'), Lili did awesome and had SO much fun! I took over 1100 pictures, so I'll be breaking my stories up into multiple posts so that I can highlight some of my favorites!

Here is Lili on her 1st flight as an impressionable young lady... As we took off she yelled, '1-2-3 BLASTOFF!!' at the top of her lungs. It was cute, but I kind of wish she would have toned it down a bit. Lili doesn't have volume control though...just like her mama!
My best friend, Christine, came to pick us up at the Detroit airport with her 2 little ones, Katie & Ethan. This picture cracks me up because Christine totally looked like a baby making MACHINE holding hands with a 4 year old, an almost 3 year old, an almost 2 year old and 36 weeks preggo!
The girls in the van on our way back to Toledo. Katie got Lili all buckled up in her carseat and away we went! Yes, I said Katie...the 4 year old...buckled her in. She did AWESOME!
We spent the 1st couple of nights at Christine's house, so when we arrived the girls were asking to get into their bathing suits. Little ballerina Lili was looking very serious...
Isn't Katie a doll? I can't believe she's this big already! Seems like yesterday when my friend was pushing her out...
Ethan just killed me. He is total BOY and refused to put on his swim trunks. Next thing you know, we find him sitting in the pool in his playclothes.
The expressions on their faces were priceless...like, 'THIS is the swimming pool?"
Lili thought it was pretty cool to be a sunbathing beauty with her new friend.
Hot chicks in a Barbie Jeep...that's what it's all about, right?
Then it was time to play Hide n' Go Seek with the neighbor kids...1-2-3...30!
Ready or not here we come!!! I LOVE how Lili runs...she kind of reminds me of Phoebe when she was jogging that one time in a Friends episode. She was running along the trail with her arms flying all crazy!
Lili and Ethan later had a hockey face-off. I have to admit Ethan did pretty well handling that stick...
Lili, on the other hand, found new ways to defend her herself against the ruthless Ethan...

1 comment:

Jenny and Jon said...

great pictures, we are about to go to the same thing, tour of Ohio and southeast Michigan starting Thursday for the next ten days.....I love it and hate it...I love to get out of the FLORIDA heat this time of year, but at the same time it is not a real vacation bopping all over the place to see family, but it is definitely NOT work so for that I am grateful:)