Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Visit With My Sistas

Last weekend my sistas came to visit me. That would be my blood sister, Kristen...and my sister from another mother (doesn't sound as good as 'brother from another mother', but it'll do), Christine. The first couple of days consisted of picking them up from the airport at different times, doing a little shopping and spending some time with the kids...with the last 3 days being spent at Raspberry Ridge for our scrappin' weekend!

I have to say, it's visits like these that make me really sad to live so far away from family. Recently Lili has started to become very aware of the idea of grandparents...and aunties...and uncles. She sees her friends with their grandparents and will often ask questions about hers...'I have a Grandma too?'. To make up for her not being able to see any of her grandparents whenever she wants, I tell her how she has THREE grandmas and TWO grandpas. She thinks that's a lot and just giggles like a madwoman when I remind her of that fact. Before our guests arrived, I told Lili how Auntie Kristen and Auntie Christine were coming to see her. As soon as Kristen walked in the front door that first night, she gave her a HUGE hug and when asked who that stranger was, she yelled 'Auntie Kristen!'. That had to be one of the cutest things I've ever seen. Things weren't quite so smooth when Christine arrived because of how similar her name is to 'Kristen'. Lili had a hard time distinguishing the two and I'm pretty sure she thought they were the same person until a shorter, preggo woman walked in the door. At that point, she started referring to both of them as Auntie Kristen. We worked with her a bit on calling Christine 'Chris' or 'Chrissy', but it didn't really stick. I was amazed at how outgoing both of my monkeys were with these new friends. Will was a little timid initially, but warmed up quickly and soon after that, it was as if I didn't even exist! Lili still asks where Auntie Kristen if she's going to come here 'right now'.

Overall it was a great visit and a TON of fun! I can't wait for them to come out again soon and spend more time with us...though I think we might owe them a visit next!




No comments: