Lili's most recent expression is 'TA-DAAAA!'. About a week ago she really started using it frequently and it became the most adorable thing ever (until the next adorable thing comes out of her mouth, of course). If she put her shoe on, she would finish it with a 'TA-DAAA!'...if she colored a super cool picture of an armadillo, she showed it off with a 'TA-DAAA!'...seriously...CUTEST.THING.EVER. Yeah well, things have changed a bit. This past weekend 'TA-DA!' started to have an entirely different meaning. Suddenly, 'TA-DA!' became her way of announcing whatever it is she was doing...good or bad... Now when I hear 'TA-DAAA!', I cringe. It's like nails on a chalkboard. I immediately drop whatever it is that I'm doing, to go in search of my 2 year old 'princess'.
Tonight she had moved her stool over to the kitchen counter and used her go-go-gadget arm to grab the knife I was cutting with. I had turned to the stove only for a moment and at the sound of her 'TA-DA!', I whirled around to find her standing there holding the knife up in the air. 'I cut it, Mama!'...apparently she had cut a piece of the onion that was laying there. Thank God it wasn't her finger. I'm pretty careful about where I place my utensils on the rare occasion that I actually cook, but tonight was proof that I suck at interpreting the next move of a toddler. I'm always like, 'Oh...well, she's never done that before!'... I need to learn to expect the unexpected! Lili 345...Mom 0.
Royal Mickey & Minnie Birthday Party
1 week ago
1 comment:
scary!!! Those toddlers are quick little buggers!!
Post a Comment