Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Thursday, February 25, 2010

5 Shirts

I pretty much have only 5 shirts that I wear...and they are maternity shirts. Now don't start lecturing me on the fact that I am not currently and will never again in the future be pregnant...and how I need to get rid of my maternity wardrobe and dress my body in 'normal' clothes. What you need to do, if you don't yet know what I'm talking about, is go to the nearest Motherhood Maternity store (pregnant or not) and purchase one of their plain colored, v-neck, long-sleeved tees. I'm telling you, they are the greatest shirts on the face of the earth! Not only are they soft and wash well, but they are unbelievably comfortable! Seriously, what other shirt can you wear that consistently disguises your ring-o-chub, or as I call mine...the ring-o-pizza-chips-and-other-crap? Now I have to admit...I probably did take things a bit too far by purchasing 5 of them in all different colors and wearing them every single day. I even recently replaced a couple of the stained ones with a couple of fresh new ones. Yes, the lady at the counter did ask me for my 'due date'...as they always do...to which I promptly replied that I was not pregnant, just fat and looking for some comfy shirts. I think she felt bad, but it's not her fault...as I tried to reassure her. The only other thing that I have to say about these shirts, before I shut up, is that are great for working out in too!! Those few times that I worked out a month or so ago during my short-lived motivated period, I just switched out my work pants to sweatpants, left my lovely maternity shirt on...and busted a move at the local gym. They are very versatile!

No comments: