Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Saturday, February 27, 2010

TAG!

Sometimes I feel like all Drew and I do is play TAG. Drew gets the kids dressed in the morning while I get myself ready for work...I take the kids to daycare while he gets himself ready for work...we both go our separate ways and put in our 9 hour days at the office...he plays with the kids while I get dinner on the table...we eat...he gives the kids baths while I clean up the kitchen (or vice versa depending our moods)...we go through our normal bedtime routine. That is a typical day at our house. After the kids are in bed and on weekends, then we take turns participating in the extracurricular activities that we each love. I might go scrapbooking or shopping while he's at home with monkeys, or he might go fishing or hunting while I'm at home with the monkeys. It seems as though we go on this way for weeks sometimes before stopping to take a break and remind ourselves to spend a little time with each other too. I can't wait for the day when that gets a little better! It probably won't be for awhile, but I think we both understand that. In the meantime, a few more date nights are probably doable!

No comments: