Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Ears

At the ripe old age of 33, I have a double ear infection. I thought it was just the same cold that the kids had, but then I started having the sensation that my head was going to explode. At that point I assumed it was a sinus infection, so I stopped by the NOW clinic after work yesterday and lo and behold...ear infections. Seriously? They prescribed some antibiotics and now 24 hours later I still feel like I'm in a tunnel...and everyone is talking to me from miles away... I have to say, as a Mom of 2 toddlers, that's not such a bad thing. The whining and crying and fussing is all muted and fairly manageable! Too bad I can't turn these infections on and off whenever I want.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so interesting! Keith recently had one too. I agree, you don't hear of it too much with adults. He too, had plugged ears for a while, long enough that he went back to the dr and they gave him some other things to try and said that if it didn't help that he would need to see a specialist! It lasted for a probably almost a month! Not to freak you out... hopefully, your ears do not stay plugged that long!