I don't know what it is about "The Itsy Bitsy Spider", but Will LOVES it. Even when he has gone over the edge in hunger and exhaustion, singing that song stops him dead in his tracks. He is immediately calm and if your hands are free to do the motions, he smiles through the whole thing. The funniest part is that you can continue to keep him quiet while making a bottle or getting another munchkin dressed, just by singing it over...and over...and over...and over again. After bath the other night I'm pretty sure I sang it at least 20 times. Sure, it gets old to us pretty quickly, but to him it's MAGIC! What's more amusing is that Lili has started yelling, "No! No! No!" whenever I start singing it......at first I thought it might have been my voice, but it's only that song. Could she already be sick of it?
I am a mother of two toddlers (16 months apart), who are slowly but surely sucking the life out of me. My memory is shot to hell, but the one thing I DO remember each and every day is how grateful I am to get to be their Mom and how empty my life would be without them!
2 comments:
For Henri it's Humpty Dumpty. They sing it in his swim class and it's the only part of swim class where he smiles...
of course if one likes it, the other doesn't!! That's too cute :)
Post a Comment