Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Crazy Life!

The last couple of weeks have been so incredibly busy for us I think I'm going through blog withdrawal! I know I've squeezed in a few posts, but I have not had time to truly bless everyone with my words of wisdom...witty remarks...and wondrous stories of life and love...HA! Since I have so much to say and not enough time to say it, here is a "quick" update on the kiddos and all of their achievements and funnies...

----------
Lili's fart giggling has continued. If anyone in this house toots (guests included!), she looks at you like you just did the grossest thing and then giggles. She also almost always tries to let one loose herself and if she's at the kitchen table, she has been implementing the "gas lift". You know, where you sort of lean to one side, lifting one butt cheek off the chair...then letting it rip? I swear she learned that one from Drew...
----------
Will's favorite thing to do right now is to play "Tick Tock Clock". This is where I hold him out in front of me and swing him like the pendulum on a clock singing, "Tick Tock! Tick Tock! I'm a little cuckoo clock! Tick tock! Tick tock! Now I'm striking one o'clock! CUCKOO!"...you continue to increase by an hour each time and the number of "CUCKOO"s increases along with it. I also toss him in the air when we are "cuckooing". I'm pretty sure the instructions say to "sway with your baby" while singing it...and "gently lift" your baby into the air on the "CUCKOO"s, but Will prefers Mama's version!
----------
Lili has always had an obsession with naming body parts...eyes, nose, mouth, ears, knees, toes, teeth...and on and on and on... She also LOVES to point out other people's body parts and usually deems it necessary to touch them. So, as she says "eyes", she has to poke you in the eye...as she says "nose", she has to stick her finger up one of your nostrils. She especially enjoys using Will as her test dummy and is constantly sticking her fingers in his mouth yelling "mouf! mouf!". Yes Lili, that's a mouth...now get your fingers out of there! We've been trying to remind her that he's still little and she shouldn't do those things, but she continues to push the limits. Yesterday, Drew thought it would be a good idea to scare her out of putting her fingers in his mouth, so just as she was doing it, he quickly yelled, "Be careful! Your brother will bite you!". Good idea? Not so much. I guess she snatched her fingers out of there, but now anytime he is near her, she starts whimpering and saying, "Bite! Bite! No bite!". I had the two of them on my lap this afternoon reading a book and she had to stop every 30 seconds or so to remind me that Will bites.
----------
"Yes" is no longer part of Lili-speak...it is now, "Yep" or "Yeah". "Yeah" comes out real sassy too...I can totally picture her saying, "Duh!" and rolling her eyes at me in the very near future!
----------
LILI POOPED ON THE POTTY THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!! Seriously...I still haven't bought her any undies or Pull-Ups because I'm not ready for this phase yet. I'm thinking this is probably a sign that SHE'S ready though...to ignore or not to ignore...hmmmm....
----------
Will has finally started taking some baby food after 3 weeks of practicing every single day. He's still not thrilled with it, but he's at least taking some of it in. Previously he was doing awesome opening his mouth for the spoon...but then it would just fall right back out. Now there is some swallowing action going on, however he thinks eating is funny. I usually put him in the Bumbo when we are spoon-feeding and the other night he laughed through the ENTIRE feeding. Not just a little giggle here and there...but a full force belly laugh every time the spoon came near him. Of course this made the mess even bigger as squash splattered all over everything...
----------
Lili has a new found love of mustard...and a pickiness unlike any other. We have experienced many meals recently where a slice of cheese is all she will eat. Last night she ignored the chicken and vegetables and potatoes...and ate just a biscuit with honey. I attempted to give her a spoonful of mashed potatoes and as soon as it hit her tongue, she started spitting and gagging and saying, "Yuck!". You would have thought we had just forced cod liver oil down her throat! For lunch yesterday Drew gave her a tortilla with cheese, which she wouldn't touch (of course)...so what does he do? Gives her mustard to dip it in. What does she do? Dips it in mustard and eats it. Granted, she still didn't eat a significant amount, but a few bites is better than a kick in the shorts!
----------
"Baby" still goes to bed with Lil every night and she FREAKS out if you can't find her..."My baby! My baby!"... The other day I asked her what she wanted her name to be and she said, "baby". I don't think she fully understands the name thing yet. Even Will doesn't have a name...he's just "baby" or "bruller".

No comments: