Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Fun At Dixie's!

Last night I went over to my friend Dixie's house with the kids. We ate pizza and watched as the munchkins ran around the backyard like maniacs. Between the sprinkler and the swingset, they could have been occupied for hours! Will had his normal daily freakout at 6:30pm (signifying he was hungry and ready for bed), so Drew picked him up early and Lili and I stayed a little longer. I was shocked to see Lili grab onto a wood bar above the slide and start swinging like a monkey from it! Apparently Dixie's kids don't do that, so she didn't learn it from them. Maybe she was a chimp in a previous life..........? All I know is she suddenly had no fear which is completely atypical for my cautious little girl! It was also cute seeing the two little girls interact! Lindsey will be 3 this summer and Lili is turning 2 on July 9th. They had a few catfights, as girls do...but then next thing you know, they're hugging each other. I feel bad because Lili has a tendency to think that all parents are HER parents. So if she sees another child hugging their Mom or Dad, she will go right up to them and hug them too. Lucky for us, most parents just laugh and think it's cute. Unfortunately the other kids usually get jealous and start crying, "My Mommy!" or "My Daddy"! At one point I heard Lindsey say to Lili, "You're my best friend and I love you", then she tried to give her a hug. It was the cutest darn thing I'd ever seen! Of course Lili just gave her this look like, "What are you talking about? Quit hugging me!" Haha... After we got home I tried to teach her to say "My BFF!"...she did pretty good, but we still have some work to do!

Thanks for having us over Dixie! We had a great time! =-)

Here are some pics from our adventure. As you can see, I have tortured Lili so much with the camera, she wants nothing to do with it, while Lindsey and Tyler were totally hamming it up! Such cute kids!














No comments: