Chicken Pox? What the hell?!?!? Apparently one of the other babies in Will's class at daycare was sent home yesterday with a fever and a rash and has since been diagnosed with Chicken Pox. Normally I would just say that if they're going to get it, they're going to get it and there's really nothing I can do about it...so chill out. I'm having a hard time doing that right now though considering Go Live for the systems migration that I've been working on for the last year and a half is this upcoming weekend and if my kids get sent home sick, I don't know how I will handle it all. I have been putting in a lot of extra hours in the evenings and on weekends and I am on call starting tonight through next Monday. To top it off, Drew has never had the Chicken Pox and has never had the vaccine either. I don't know if he's just immune to it or if he's never been fully exposed, but I will roll myself into a ball and sob hysterically if he gets it. With our luck, that is exactly what you will find me doing in a few days...
I am a mother of two toddlers (16 months apart), who are slowly but surely sucking the life out of me. My memory is shot to hell, but the one thing I DO remember each and every day is how grateful I am to get to be their Mom and how empty my life would be without them!
No comments:
Post a Comment