Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Fun With Friends







Tonight Dixie came over with her two kids, Tyler and Lindsay, to visit with us and meet Will. Dixie was one of Lili's daycare teachers when she was at New Horizons and has become a good friend since then. While I was in the hospital, she would pick up Lili from Mardeen's (her new daycare) on Tuesday nights, take her back to her house, feed her dinner, give her a bath and get her ready for Drew to pick her up after his class. This really helped Drew out and gave him the break that he needed! Anyway, Dixie and I had a great time chatting while the kids played.........and beat each other up. Lili was the biggest offender of them all, which was new for us. Mardeen said Lili recently started the hair pulling and hitting phase of toddlerhood at daycare, but she really hadn't been too consistent with it. Tonight her target was poor Lindsay and she was definitely consistent in torturing her. Lindsay had brought her blankie with her which Lili immediately zeroed in on. The 1st time Lindsay set it down, Lili grabbed it and ran off. This, of course, caused the tears and shrieking to start. Lili must have enjoyed the response that she got because she then proceeded to steal the blankie whenever she could and would look right at Lindsay and mimic the same shrieking!! It was like she was taunting Lindsay! What a bully! When Dixie finally took the blankie and hid it, Lili then decided that pulling Lindsay's hair was the next best thing. It finally got to the point that I had to contain Lili in her highchair (timeouts weren't effective enough) and Lindsay didn't want her Mom to put her down because, "Lili pull my hair!". If Lili even looked at Lindsay she would start to back away from her. It was awful to see her so afraid! I remember when my friend Ciana brought her son over to our house over the summer (Logan is a few months older than Lili) and he was going through the same hitting/pushing phase. He was totally beating up Lili and Ciana was so frustrated by it. I was laughing about it at the time and telling her not to worry. I now understand what she was talking about though! For some reason it's o.k. if another kid hits my kid......but if my kid is the one causing pain to someone else, then I feel bad! Haha... In the end, the kids all gave each other hugs to say goodbye and even posed nicely for some pics! C'mon...I'm a scrapper...what did you expect? Anything for a good pic, right? Don't worry...we had Tyler sit in-between Lili and Lindsay!
Thanks for stopping by Dixie! It was great to see you! =-)

2 comments:

Kristen said...

FINALLY a picture of my sister WITH her child...they are too few and far between sista. You gotta work on that. See you tomorrow! :)

Katie said...

love the pictures! Great job getting them all to pose!
Hopefully Lili will get over the 'bully' stage soon...although I did giggle a little bit, trying to imagine it! :)