Tonight I had a little crying fit. It was just one of those moments where I couldn't help myself! This week has been busy as I am trying to prepare us for X-mas (we are WAY behind this year!) while juggling the needs of a newborn during the night and throughout the days. I've had both kids by myself every evening since Sunday, which I think is the hardest time of day! By that point Lili is tired from a long day of activities at daycare, Will is usually in need of a feeding and another nap, dinner has to be made and eaten, followed by baths, books and "ba-bas" (sippy cup with milk). I'm getting better and better at multi-tasking and the nighttime routine is getting easier, however there are still times when I want to pull my hair out. Like tonight when Will was SCREAMING to be fed and Lili was throwing a tantrum because I wouldn't let her climb up on the kitchen table. I just stood in the kitchen and stared at both of them...wanting to cry myself. I by no means have it "rough" compared to the stay at home Moms out there who juggle multiple children all day, every day...but for someone who isn't used to this, I find it extremely difficult sometimes! Drew could tell I was a little frazzled when he got home tonight and I know he felt bad. There really isn't anything he can do about it though. His job has been very demanding lately causing him to come home late, take calls throughout the evenings or even go into the office from 8:30pm-1:00am (Monday night's cut). Obviously this is what is paying the bills right now, but as an emotional, lonely, somewhat sleep deprived Mom on maternity leave, there is a huge part of me that wants him to go work as a cashier at Cabela's so he can spend the rest of the time at home with me! HA! The funny thing is that I know I can handle the kids on my own, but for some reason it makes me feel so much better just knowing he's in the house. Even if he were hiding in a closet all day, right now that would be better than him being at work or somewhere else. Oh well...that's life! I had my little fit, Drew gave me a hug...I should be good now for another week or so!
Don't worry sista, I will be there in 13 days to keep you company :) Shall we take on the adventure of potty training Lil while I am there??? I'm thinking we should go with the Kate Gosselin method: force her to drink non-stop so that she's constantly on the toilet then reward her with M&M's...or maybe instead of M&M's we should use bopples... ;)
Hang in there! It will get easier and easier as you go along. I'll have to come up and visit you while I am on my Christmas break from work unless you are already going to have a houseful. =)
I don't know about all the crying business, but I do know that you should try making it easier on yourself. If you're saying you are way behind on Chrismas, then there's a problem. Don't have a schedule and cut back on whatever you have planned. Cards, is anyone going to remember if you got them out on time? Decorations, put up a tree, done. Presents, rewrap a couple of toys of Lili's from last year or that she hasn't seen in a while. Seriously, take some of the unnecessary pressure off your self. All that exterior stuff isn't what Christmas is about anyway. As far as Mac coming to help you out next week...be careful, she cries at the drop of a hat. I'm sure I'll read a post next week about how you and Mac had a good cry, four or five times....in a couple of hours.
I am a mother of two toddlers (16 months apart), who are slowly but surely sucking the life out of me. My memory is shot to hell, but the one thing I DO remember each and every day is how grateful I am to get to be their Mom and how empty my life would be without them!
4 comments:
Sometimes you just need to get it all out! Hope you're feeling better now!
Don't worry sista, I will be there in 13 days to keep you company :) Shall we take on the adventure of potty training Lil while I am there??? I'm thinking we should go with the Kate Gosselin method: force her to drink non-stop so that she's constantly on the toilet then reward her with M&M's...or maybe instead of M&M's we should use bopples... ;)
Hang in there! It will get easier and easier as you go along. I'll have to come up and visit you while I am on my Christmas break from work unless you are already going to have a houseful. =)
I don't know about all the crying business, but I do know that you should try making it easier on yourself. If you're saying you are way behind on Chrismas, then there's a problem. Don't have a schedule and cut back on whatever you have planned. Cards, is anyone going to remember if you got them out on time? Decorations, put up a tree, done. Presents, rewrap a couple of toys of Lili's from last year or that she hasn't seen in a while. Seriously, take some of the unnecessary pressure off your self. All that exterior stuff isn't what Christmas is about anyway.
As far as Mac coming to help you out next week...be careful, she cries at the drop of a hat. I'm sure I'll read a post next week about how you and Mac had a good cry, four or five times....in a couple of hours.
Post a Comment