Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Old Fart

Yesterday was the big 3-3 for me. I am officially an old fart. As if you couldn't tell by all of the gray hair I make only a half-assed attempt to cover up with a $7 box of L'Oreal dye. When you get old, birthdays are just another day. This year mine included a workout at Curves, PF Chang's for dinner, a viewing of Rob Zombie's remake of Halloween 2 and cheesecake. You really can't have a birthday without cheesecake. I told Drew that if we didn't get 2 slices of cheesecake from PF Chang's the alternative was going to be a ginormous chocolate cake from Costco. It probably would have taken us a week to eat, but I'm telling you...this cake was awesome and totally would have been worth the cottage cheese butt! Anyway, Drew sent me some beautiful YELLOW (my fave!) flowers at work and a good friend emailed me the picture below. Could there be anything sweeter than that?!? All in all, it was a great day!


No comments: