Seriously...it was time to get rid of the mullet, right? I mean c'mon...we played the oh-isn't-this-funny-that-our-little-boy-looks-like-Willie-the-hillbilly game long enough, don't ya think? I could tell that Drew was starting to think it wasn't so cute anymore either, however there was no way in hell he was going to admit that to me. Late last week he was making comments about possibly taking Will over to the chop shop on Saturday morning during their father/son bonding time (while Lili and I were at Maple Maze), but lo and behold, when we returned...the mullet was still there. Shocker. That's when I decided to just Fantastic Sam-It myself. With a friend watching Lili, I took Little Man over there for his 1st, $12 haircut on Saturday afternoon.
At first Will thought it was cool to be sitting in a big boy chair with all these hot chicks talking to him and telling him how cute he was. He tried to tell them that he normally doesn't dress like this and that his Daddy forced him into the mismatched clothes...however he just couldn't find the words.

Then the main hot chick who was going to cut his mop, tied him snuggly to the chair. It made him a little uneasy, but in the end he decided that was ok too.

Next, she snapped a super cool, bright turquoise fishy cape around his neck...

...and that's when he lost it...

Hot chick haircutting woman cut and cut...

...and Little Man cried and cried. He didn't move a muscle while he did it either. Those crocodile tears just rolled down his cheeks...and the sobbing continued...

When all was said and done, Little Man took a final look in the mirror and cried even harder. I think he missed his mullet buddy!

And just as his Daddy would never admit to wanting to cut the mullet...his Mommy will never admit to regretting it's departure. The End.
No comments:
Post a Comment